- 18-Jan-2017 to 19-Apr-2017 (MST)
- KSL Radio News Internship
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Unpaid Internship
Who we are: Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Position Summary: KSL is pleased to announce the availability of an umpaid internship in the Radio News and Programming Department. We are looking for students who are interested in a NON-PAID learning opportunity, where they can extend their broadcasting education beyond the classroom. This internship is designed to provide students with a strong interest in broadcast journalism an opportunity to gain an insight into the operation of professional news production. The internship will cover a quarter/semester period with approximately twenty (20) hours per week. The schedule will be arranged by the intern, the intern coordinator, and the intern's academic advisor.
• Registered at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute on a full-time basis.
• Organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter. Proven ability to be precise and accurate.
• Able to use good writing, production and conversation skills to transmit information clearly and efficiently.
• Proven ability to handle stress.
• Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Working toward a degree in broadcast journalism or equivalent.
• Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
• Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
• Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Applicants Must Submit:
• A completed internship application form.
• A current academic transcript.
• A letter from applicant's university or college verifying arrangement of credit for the internship.
Final discretion as to assignments while participating in the internship program will remain with KSL. Persons particiapating in the KSL Radio News Internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment. KSL may terminate internship at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.