- 25-Jan-2017 to 26-Mar-2017 (MST)
- KSL TV Sports Internship
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Unpaid Internship
Who we are: Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
KSL TV is pleased to announce the availability of an internship in the TV News Sports Department. We are looking for students who are interested in a NON-PAID learning opportunity, where they can extend their television broadcasting education beyond the classroom. This KSL TV Sports internship is designed to provide students with a strong interest in television sports/broadcast journalism an opportunity to gain an insight into the operation of professional TV news sports production. The internship will cover a quarter/semester period with approximately twenty (20) hours per week. The schedule will be arranged by the intern, the intern coordinator, and the intern's academic advisor.
- Intern must be registered at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute on a full-time basis and in good academic standing.
- Prefer candidates working toward degree in broadcast journalism or equivalent.
- Needs to be organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter. Proven ability to be precise and accurate.
- Good writing, production and conversational skills needed to transmit information clearly and efficiently.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must sign and abide by the Internship Agreement. University or college must also sign and abide by the agreement.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
THE APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
- A completed internship application form.
- A current academic transcript (preferred).
- A letter from the applicant's university or college verifying arrangement of credit for the internship.
Persons participating in the KSL TV Sports internship needs to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment. KSL may terminate internship at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.