- 15-Feb-2017 to 16-Apr-2017 (MST)
- KSL Radio News Internship
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Unpaid Internship
WHO WE ARE: Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
KSL NewsRadio is pleased to announce the availability of a digital content internship in the News Department. This internship is designed to provide valuable experience for students interested in the intersection of digital content and traditional radio journalism. The internship will be an in-depth, hands-on experience to help the interested student better understand the news-gathering and reporting process, along with distributing news content to a number of different audiences.
As part of the digital content team, interns will have the opportunity to be involved in numerous functions including podcasting, video editing, audio editing and social media. Through these experiences, interns will be able to develop skills in these functions, along with increasing writing abilities, research techniques, social media strategy, and social journalism.
The internship will cover a semester period with approximately 16-20 hours per week. The schedule will be determined between the intern and their intern coordinator at KSL.
- Interns must be currently registered at a university, college, community college, or vocational-technical institute
- A junior or senior majoring in journalism, news media, or strategic communications
- Must be proficient in video and audio production and editing and/or willing to learn
- Social media experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and Reddit
- Flexible schedule able to work morning, dayside, and/or evening teams
- Must be organized and able to meet tight deadlines. There will be multiple projects ongoing at any given time and self-motivated persons will move to the top of the line
- Proper writing skills, including knowledge of AP style
- Substantial physical movements (motions ) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Receive, process and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
- Completed internship application
- Links to social media profiles
- Samples of work in video and/or audio
- Current academic transcript (unofficial)
Persons participating in the KSL NewsRadio Digital Content Internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment with KSL.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.