- 15-Feb-2017 to 16-Apr-2017 (MST)
- KSL Radio Doug Wright Show
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Unpaid Internship
Who we are: Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Internship Summary: KSL is pleased to announce the availability of an internship in the Radio News and Programming Department with the JayMac News Show. This is a NON-PAID learning opportunity where students can extend their broadcasting and current event education beyond the classroom. The internship will cover a quarter/semester period with approximately 20 hours per week. The schedule will be arranged by the intern, the intern coordinator, and the intern's academic advisor.
The internship is designed to provide students with a strong interest in broadcast journalism an opportunity to gain insight into the operation of professional news production. Assignments might include: contributing and researching segment ideas; contributing to the show's social media presence; finding and editing sound clips for the host to use during the show; and daily involvement with the host and producers in helping the show run smoothly. Through these experiences, interns will have the opportunity to develop their skills in these functions, along with increasing writing abilities, research techniques, social media strategy, and much more.
- Registered at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute and in good academic standing
- Prefer someone working toward a degree in broadcast journalism or equivalent.
- Organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter
- Proven ability to be precise, accurate and handle stress
- Good writing, production and conversational skills to transmit information clearly and efficiently
- Audio editing experience a plus
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion
Applicants Must Submit:
- Completed internship application
- Current academic transcript
- Letter from applicant's university or college verifying arrangement of credit for internship
Persons participating in the KSL Radio Internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment with KSL.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.