- 17-Feb-2017 to 18-Apr-2017 (MST)
- KRSP/KSFI Music Station Programming
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Who we are: Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
POSITION PURPOSE: Make desired individual contribution to KSFI FM100.3's team efforts by performing as the on-air host that attracts targeted audience and builds ratings in line with desired format.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. ESTABLISHES WORKING RELATIONS by being able to take direction from Brand Manager, management, and/or
Consultant; working with all team members, filling in for other personalities as assigned; exhibiting a positive, professional, and helpful attitude.
2. MAINTAINS PROFESSIONALISM by performing in appropriate manner and delivery as described by Brand Manager;
striving for excellence in program; keeping within FCC guidelines and regulations; having the ability to work in a high pressure environment and managing stress effectively; maintaining confidentiality in regard to personnel matters, wage and salary, Company/Station strategies and other sensitive matters in communications with listeners, co-workers, and the media.
3. MEETS THE NEEDS OF THE STATION by being an announcer/commentator that has the desired synergism with listeners;
being compelling, informative, interesting, and adhere to Station's format philosophy; being able to conduct interviews and engage caller(s); being able to report, analyze or interpret public events to listeners; timely and effectively complete commercial and promotional production assignments; being available as assigned for appearances; maintaining a strong listenership; accomplishing goals; being an asset to the team; being available for air-checks with Brand Manager as needed; being active in keeping to KSFI FM100.3 on the competitive edge by contributing creative ideas on show development, topics, guests, format execution, and Station promotion; and respond to all correspondence internal and external in an appropriate time frame.
4. MAINTAINS TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE by understanding studio environment; reviewing equipment; informing Brand Manager
of equipment repairs; participating in professional societies; reviewing professional publications; making full use of the tools and opportunities provided by the Station and expanding contribution to the Company.
5. ENHANCES DEPARTMENT by having a desire to always conduct oneself in professional manner; constantly looking for
methods of improvement; attending staff meetings; contributing ideas for assigned show and Station; continuing education and participating in advancing the Stations social networking functions.
6. MEET CLIENTS NEEDS by being available when needed; building a positive rapport; participating with sales personnel in
client relation development; knowing all aspects of to KSFI FM100.3; being knowledgeable about the Station, KSL Broadcast Group, and Deseret Media Companies; understanding and upholding Company mission and value statements.
7. CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM EFFORT by working in compliance with Company policies and procedures; working effectively
in a team environment; maintaining a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients; consistently working hours required (working more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, odd hours, etc.); projecting an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor; continuing personal and professional growth; attending evaluation sessions, staff meetings, and training sessions; performing other duties as assigned.
8. PERFORMS PHYSICAL DEMANDS by receiving, processing, and maintaining information through oral and/or written
communication effectively; substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers; having the ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination; standing or sitting for long periods of time; lifting, moving, and carrying up to 20 pounds on occasion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.